Every two weeks you will have to replace the old aligner for a new one which will continue to guide your teeth in the necessary direction. Each new aligner may give an initial feeling of minor discomfort for a couple of days – this sensation is typically described as a feeling of pressure and is a sign that Invisalign is working.
The aligners gradually reposition your teeth over the period of treatment – the length of which is determined by the complexity of the case and what you and your orthodontist have agreed to achieve. You will need to go in periodically for a few orthodontic appointments in order to check your treatment progress and make sure your teeth are responding to the aligners.
Invisalign aligners must be worn all day, except when brushing, flossing or eating. Fortunately, because you can remove your aligners to eat and drink you can eat all your favourite foods. After each meal, however, you must make sure that you brush your teeth prior to re-inserting your aligners to maintain good hygiene.
Irrespective of the simplicity of your case, your treatment is best handled by an orthodontic specialist, who is trained to diagnose and solve any problems which may arise during your treatment.
Invisible Braces for Teenagers
Invisalign has several treatment options available for teenagers, depending on the stage of teeth development.
Some teenagers will be suitable for the same Invisalign treatment as adult patients. Younger teenagers, or those who haven’t got all of their adult teeth erupted can be treated with Invisalign Teen – a treatment designed specifically for teenagers. Your dental practitioner will determine which treatment best suits your individual needs and the condition of your teeth.
Why Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen has been developed with teenagers, parents and leading orthodontists who understand the active lifestyles and unique treatment needs of teenage patients.
The Invisalign Teen aligners are made with the same Invisalign technology used for Invisalign aligners, moving teeth gradually without the need for metal or wires.
But because teens (and their mouths) are constantly on the move, there are a few special features:
This is how the Invisalign Teen Aligner looks.
Blue Wear Indicator
Blue wear-indicators at the rear of the aligners that fade from blue to clear will help the doctor and parents identify if the patient has been wearing their aligners for the sufficient length of time.
In order to compensate for the eruption of canines, second premolars and second molars, special features have been created.
You would benefit from Invisalign Lite if:
- You have used braces previously and your teeth have come out of alignment slightly.
- You have minor crowding or small spaces between your teeth.
- You have noticed that your teeth have been drifting gradually out of position.
Invisalign i7 at a glance:
- Invisalign® i7 provides up to seven stages of aligners per arch.
- Keeps it simple for patients by treating only from first premolar to first premolar without the desire for A-P correction.
- Results in as few as three months.
- Invisalign® i7 uses the same clear aligners as all Invisalign® treatment options, making it virtually invisible.
- Includes a ClinCheck® treatment plan and SmartForce® features, such as Optimised Attachments and Power Ridge features, designed for more predictable results.
- Option for the clinician to submit a partial treatment to improve your smile, even if you cannot achieve ideal alignment with seven aligners.
- Option to switch to Invisalign® Lite, Full or Teen prior to ClinCheck® acceptance.
- An automated refinement of aligners can be purchased, if required, to achieve the final position defined in the original approved ClinCheck® treatment plan.*
*Automated Refinement gives you the option to order additional aligners to move teeth closer to the originally approved final position. Aligners for Automated Refinements are automatically produced and shipped without the need for the approval of a ClinCheck® treatment plan.
Our Happy Patients
“Absolutely delighted with the treatment from Infinity Smiles . So happy with the results and would recommend the practice to anyone.”
“Amazing service every appointment. Always on time the staff are always polite and friendly would recommend to anyone”
“Both my son and I have been patients at Infinity Smiles to have our teeth straightened. The service is professional, friendly and caring.”